Complete Testimonies List
· 275 BC
– Berossus reporting
on the history of Babylonia, claims that pilgrims went up a mountain
in Armenia to carve amulets from the petrified pitch that covers the
– Nicholas of Damascus mentions remains of Noah's Ark
· 50 AD
– Josephus mentions
remains of Noah's Ark 3 times.
· 315? -
– Epiphanius report that remains of the Ark are on a mountain
in the Gordian mountains.
· 349 - 407
mentions remains of Noah's Ark
– Faustus of Byzantium reports the experiences of a bishop
who traveled to the region of "Gortouk" to see the ark.
· 560 - 636
of Seville mentions remains of Noah's Ark
· 620 AD
- According to Hussein El Macin of Baghdad, Roman Emperor
Heraclius visits the remains of the Ark after conquering the Persian
city of Themanin.
· 1254 AD
- Haithon refers to Mt. Ararat as the resting place of Noah's
· 1255 AD
- Guillaume of Ruysbroeck tells of the devout Jacob of
Medzpin's adventure on Ararat and his answered prayer to see the
- Marco Polo mentions in his book The Travels of Marco Polo
the Ark was still resting on the summit of Mt. Ararat.
· 1647 AD
- Adam Olearius' Voyage and Travels of the Ambassadors relates
Armenian and Persian stories of the petrified Ark.
· 1820 (?)
Explorer Claudius James Rich writes that one Aga Hussein
has seen the remains of the Ark.
· 1829 AD
- Dr. Friedrich Parrot makes the first modern ascent of Greater
Ararat. He visits the ancient St. James Monastery ( also known as St.
Jacob Monastery ), that was destroyed in the 1840 eruption of Mt.
· 1854 AD
- Haji Yearam and his father lead three British scientists up
Ararat to the Ark remains.
· 1878 AD
- Viscount James Bryce climbs Ararat as recounted in his book Transcaucasia
and Ararat. He finds old hand-tooled timber on this treeless
· 1883 AD
- Turkish Commisioners investigate severe Ararat avalanches and
report seeing the preserved but battered Ark structure. Locals claimed
the remains were visible for six years. ( Nieuwe Rotterdamsche Courant,
July 28, 1883 ) ( Chicago Tribune, August 10, 1883 ) ( New York Herald,
August 10, 1883 ).. ( New York World, August 13, 1883 ).( New York
Times, August 15, 1883 ).( The Watchtower, September 1883 )..Considered
the most complete and accurate account appeared in the British
Prophetic Messenger in the summer of 1883. ( Click on Turkish
Commisioners for the full story )
· 1887 AD
- John Joseph, Prince of Nouri, Archbishop and Grand Apostolic
Ambassador of Malabar, India and Persia, makes three attempts to climb
Ararat. He claims a sighting near the saddle between the peaks.
Suggest the Ark be sent to the Chicago World's fair.
· 1900-1908 AD - George Hagopian climbs Ararat with his uncle and reports seeing and climbs onto the preserved Ark. At only ten years succeeded with simple attire of shepherd in reaching well twice with his uncle the ark. Look photo and sketches
· 1916 - 1917 AD - Czar Nicholas II sends an expedition of 150 men to map Ararat and document Ark. After report by Roskovitski (Zabolotsky) pilot of the Russian imperial aviation. Revolution erupts and evidence disappears.
· 1936 AD
- New Zealander Hardwidke Knight finds very old hand tooled
timbers high on Ararat.
· 1942 AD
- American soldier Ray Lubeck views Ark in a 30 - 120 second
film clip on Midway Island in 1942.
· 1943 AD
- American soldier Ed Davis glimpses huge broken Ark sections
in Ahora Gorge.
· 1944 AD
- American soldier Vince Will views Ark from plane on Mt.
· 1945 AD
- American soldier aka - Caleb views Ark from plane on Mt.
· 1946 AD
- American soldier Charlie McCallen
views Ark in a 30 - 60 second news reel in a movie theater
in Jackson Tennessee.
· 1948 AD
- Farmer Shakru Arsent tells newspaper of farmer named Reshit
seeing petrified remains of a ship-like structure high on Ararat.
. 1952 1953
AD George Jefferson Greene technical oil American saw a big
emergent bow from the ice to northeast, a similar ship construction
situated in a gorge near a precipice
· 1953 -
- William Todd was a photographer's in Turkey who claims to
have seen Noah's Ark many times while flying over Mt. Ararat.
.1955 AD Fernand Navarra French industrialist: he saw under the ice an dark mass alike to keel of a ship. In the '55 and in the '69 of it put out some wood pieces, that it brought to to analyze in the four laboratories of world fame: to Cairo, Madrid, Paris and to Bordeaux. The tests on the degree of fossilization, on the cellular modification etc,they showed that the champion went up again really to the epoch of the Deluge, that is 4500 years ago around.
· 1956 -
- Herb Knee views Ark in a 60 - 120 second news reel in a movie
theater in Winchester Tennessee. [ Herb's Drawings of what he
. 1959- 1960
Schwinghammer Captain U.S.A. Air Force Pilot
saw a great barge in a gully in the ice
Look Gregor interview
Look Gregor interview (WMP format)
· 1964 AD
- Retired Air Force Master Sergeant
claims to see wood structure on Mt. Ararat.
· 1968 AD
- David Duckworth claims as a Smithsonian volunteer he saw ark
artifacts from Mt. Ararat.
Fernand Navarra already quoted in 1955 with the named expedition
"Search" was extract some wood pieces from the Parrot
glacier on Mt Ararat
- Lt. Col. Walter D. Hunter was shown photos of what allegedly
was Noah's Ark.
. 1974 Ed
quoted already, veteran USAF, said
that he passed "above and under some rocks, he stuck out from a
ledge and he saw the ark 50 feet under " Also him
saw it from higher position.
. 1985 AD
Air Force General Ralph Havens confirm about a structure on Ararat:
We've seen it. We have photos of it -
AD Angelo Palego chemical engineer claim to see the Ark
front just under strange parallel crevasses
· 1992 -
- Rolando Reyna watched a Saturday night newscast which showed
film footage of Noah's Ark on Ararat on a Mexican City Broadcast.
Cludio Schranz alpine guide of Mt.
filmed a wooden beam emergent
from the Parrot glacier on Mt. Ararat